The purpose of Saratoga Theatre Arts (STA) is to promote and encourage community support of the drama programs of SHS and SUSD. STA works with Saratoga High School (SHS) to provide financial support, volunteer assistance, and community involvement with theater art programs for students. The goal of these programs is to encourage a love of theater arts and to provide opportunities for students to develop their performing arts skills.
We provide financial assistance to school drama programs through grants applications for drama projects, programs, equipment, materials, facility upgrades and stipends. We coordinate and provide volunteer assistance for drama events. We aid the art of drama by spreading the word on drama to SHS students, faculty and surrounding community.
Saratoga Theatre Arts is made up of volunteers that advocate and raise funds for SHS Theatre Arts Programs.
Meetings are regularly held on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Thermond Drama Center (20300 Herriman Ave.)
All meetings are open. Board members are expected to attend monthly meetings to report current affairs and to be available for input.
Saratoga Theatre Arts is a drama booster group that is a 501(c)(3) organization. We raise funds through an annual membership drive and volunteer for drama events. Funds go towards drama projects, programs, equipment, materials, facility upgrades and stipends. We also allow families to sponsor or underwrite events or projects. Parent support is essential to having a healthy, sustainable and creative drama department at SHS. Join and become a STA member, volunteer for a Chair position or serve on the STA Drama Board. Make a difference with drama.
STA meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm in the Thermond Drama Center . Downloadable membership forms and volunteer positions are below.
1. "NO SWEAT" Fundraiser - To raise $80,000 to install HVAC for the Thermond Drama Center.
2. Improve SHS Drama Promotions - Goal is to bring a large audience turn out for all TDC and McAfee drama performances.
3. To have a successful year with promos and concessions - The goal is to have monetary and organizational success. At an organizational level to create and develop a system that works and can have documentation to pass on future members.4. Outreach to SUSD - Develop outreach to SUSD by working with SHS administration, faculty and students.
1. Drama Center Concessions
2. Drama Club's "Mafia Murder Mystery"
3. McAfee Theatre Scrim & Supplies
4. Drama Senior Scholarship Awards
5. SHS Sitcom Set
6. 2012 Fall Writers' Workshop
STA Board 2013-2014
President: Loretta Nussbacher email@example.com
Treasurer: Dianne Tulley-Brown
Secretary: Julie Miller
STA Meeting: 2nd Wednesday of the month @ 7:00 pm in the Thermond Drama Center (next to the cafeteria)